Old 20-04-2004, 07:04 PM
Katra

Default Assistance for faster compost please

In article ,
"JRYezierski" wrote:

What can I add to my compost pile of hay and goat/rabbit manure and some
leaves to speed up the composting time.
I did layer it somewhat with older compost/dirt from an older pile,did wet
it and have covered it up with a tarp(I found out that does help speed up
the breakdown process as the pile doesn't dry out)
Thanks all you composters
Jerome

1) Build a henyard and buy some chickens

2) Put the compost heap inside of the chicken yard in a corner

Works for me. ;-) I never have to "turn" compost. The chooks
keep it all stirred up, especially the kitchen scraps.

By the time they rake it thru the wire, it's ready for the garden. 2
weeks tops for most stuff...

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...