Old 20-04-2004, 07:08 PM
Rod

Default Buddleja alternifolia

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:30:41 +0100, "Glen Able"
wrote:

Hi all,

Can anyone give me some clues about how to look after my new 18" Buddleja
alternifolia, please?

I'm especially confused about the fact that it's tied to a thin stake,
looking much more like, say, a Russian vine than the B.davidiis that I'm
used to.

For the first half of this growing season it will look a bit delicate,
then it should take off.
It isn't at all like B. davidii. I like it loosely trained against a
sunny wall. Don't prune it hard like you would a B. davidii, just a
bit of light pruning to achieve the shape you want. Mine is loosely
fanned out against the wall with new growth and flowers cascading
outwards.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply