Old 20-04-2004, 07:09 PM
Rod

Default Rabbit Control

On 19 Apr 2004 13:41:03 -0700, (Robert E A
Harvey) wrote:

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote in message ...

The only other effective method is a good fence, buried at least a
foot into the ground to limit tunnelling.

You don't need to bury it. All you need to do is to fold it outwards and
peg it down. Rabbits always try to begin digging at an obstacle.

Amazing what you learn, ain't it. I bin fending off bunnies 30 years,
on & off, and never heard of anyone doing this. But you are quite
right, they do, don't they!

Ta muchly.

Nor does it need to be very high. We do fences around our new
plantings about 18ins high in 2in mesh. Theoretically a baby bun could
squeeze through that and any self respecting rabbit could hop over it
but they don't........yet.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply