Old 20-04-2004, 07:09 PM
Janet Baraclough..

Default Rabbit Control

The message
from (Robert E A Harvey) contains these words:

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote in
message ...

The only other effective method is a good fence, buried at least a
foot into the ground to limit tunnelling.

You don't need to bury it. All you need to do is to fold it outwards and
peg it down. Rabbits always try to begin digging at an obstacle.

Amazing what you learn, ain't it. I bin fending off bunnies 30 years,
on & off, and never heard of anyone doing this.

It's the way I've always done it. Set up the unrolled netting against
the support-fence, allowing for a turn-out of 9" or so. Use a metre
length of board, pressed horizontally in the "corner", to make a neat
right-angled to the turn-out, all along the netting. Fix the netting to
its support along the top. Walk along the turn-out on the ground,
pressing it into any bumps and dips on the ground surface with your
feet.

Cut 9" lengths of fencing wire, turn the top inch at right angles like
a tent peg, and hammer one right into the ground every two feet or so
all along the netting turn-out.

Janet.