Old 20-04-2004, 11:09 PM
Neil Tonks

Default Sparrows!

I've had the same thing. It's always yellow flowers but not just primroses -
they do the same to yellow crocus and pansies. Just one of those things -
the birds are a delight in the garden and I don't begrudge them a few
flowers, whatever their motivation for doing it!

Neil.

"Mike Gilmore" wrote in
message ...
Love the little things and would not do a thing to harm them in any way.
But all of a sudden they have taken a fancy to dead-heading the primroses.
Only the yellow flowers are affected and the poor birds are no longer "our
sparrows" but "YOUR sparrows".
First, has any gardener come across this sparrow thing in their garden?
Second, do other gardener's have this problem where ownership of something
is abruptly transferred to them, however innocous, by their better halves?
Regards
Mike Gilmore
WinsfordWalledGarden, SW England,
USDA Zone9a