Old 21-04-2004, 01:02 AM
KM

Default when neighbors do the pruning for you

I think you'll find the position is that, legally what he cuts
off is yours so of course
he is an least entitled (if not obliged) to return the prunings
to you.

Now I wonder if that also applies to the dog poop on my yard?
Any attorneys here?
Gerry
www.garden-guide.net
....for responsible gardening

"Mike LaMana" fake@MikeatHeartwoodConsultingdotnet wrote in
message ...
I do a lot of dispute work for this sort of thing with trees.

The neighbor generally has the right to prune the tree back to

the property
line, but is generally prohibited from doing this in a way that

damages your
real property (i.e. the plant).

Plants between neighbors are often treated like children in an

ugly divorce.
Sad but true.

--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC

"Dawn" wrote in message
Sigh.

My husband and I spent today cleaning up the yard, clearing

dead growth,
mowing, prepping the vegetable garden for spring. I noticed a

lot of
branches in the yard on the side of the house with no

windows, looks
like our next door neighbor pruned the lilac bush that grows

on the
property line and dropped the branches over the fence into

our yard.
(Probably sometime last fall or early winter)

I'm tempted to drop our grass clippings in his front lawn,

but I really
want it for compost.

Anyway, I think he's perfectly within his right to whack off

whatever
part of the plant he feels is invading his yard, but if he's

going to do
that he can take care of the debris himself. Has anyone else

had to deal
with this sort of problem? How do you approach the neighbor?

FWIW, neither of us is the original homeowner, this lilac was

planted a
good 30 years ago and is about 20 feet high.

Dawn