Old 21-04-2004, 03:03 AM
Don P

Default soil content

My wife is planning on growing some roses in our front planter and I would
like some advise on the soil.
It seems to be a combination of clay, sand, and earth
can we put anything in to make sure the roses take and grow for us.
We are planning on putting in a rose called Flotilla ??? it's a small,
somewhat flat, reddish bloom with a yellow center, (bought them at BJ's club
this weekend)
Any views on the best way to go about the plantings?
Can they be trained to stay small with trimming?
We want them to remain under the window which is about 3 feet of the ground
I know its a lot to ask but this is our first try at growing roses.
TIA

--
Treasure Today You're Not Promised Tomorrow
Don