Old 21-04-2004, 05:02 PM
NetComm888

Default flower beds

Here is another question with regards to the flower beds right in
front of my house. Each is about 15 feet long and 5 feet wide. You
could tell the previous ower didn't take care of it very well for the
past years.
1. There are some short evergreen bush stuff. But they don't look
very healthy and grow out of shape. I was thinking about trimming
them. But sine I don't like the looks anyway so I want to replace them
with some modern plants. So shall I simply dig them out and replace
with new plants? I want the new plants easy to be taken care of and
stay green in the winter time, hopefully some stuff I could buy from
homedepot or lowes, any suggestion?
2. There are some vines crawling on the ground of the flower beds.
They look very messy I definitely will get rid of them. I would assume
I could this simply pulling them out, right?
3. Do you think it's a good idea to mulch the flower beds? If so what
should I do?
Gosh, you could tell i'm a nervous first time home owner. Any
suggestion appreciated. Thanks!