Old 21-04-2004, 06:05 PM
joe

Default creating a pond to drain water from soggy yard

That sounds like a bad idea to me. Everything would drain to it, including
mud!

A better solution might be to:

A) install a french drain to the street (assuming you can slope that way) if
not:
B) Where the low point is, instead of a pond, build a small concrete
enclosure with a sump pump and pump the water to the street.

Joe

On 4/21/04 5:14 AM, "Janet Price" wrote:

I have a yard that's soggy in places. The soil's mostly clay and
stones. I had a landscaper out for a free consultation on solving the
problem and he suggested building a small pond (10' x 15' x 4 ' deep at
the deep end) in the low corner of the yard and next year if necessary,
put in some underground pipes to help drain water into it. From reading
the FAQ for this list, it seems to me that I wouldn't be creating a pond
but a small swamp.