Old 21-04-2004, 08:11 PM
Steve Wolfe

Default Edible stuff in the front yard

My question, rather, is, what varieties of plants that produce FOOD
can be planted in the FRONT yard.

Whatever won't be in violation of local ordinances when the neighbors
complain. : )

I'm only half-honest with that, I live in an area where the favorite
past-time is for neighbors to call the city on each other. Nevertheless,
last year I grew a bunch of jalapeno, habanero, and other pepper plants in
a "flower bed" (wink-wink) in my front yard, and nobody cared at all. If
anything, I think that the red and orange peppers were pretty enough that
people thought it was neat.

(Of course, you can't get away with that in all areas: Your peppers
might just disappear off of the plants before you have a chance to get to
them!)

steve