Old 21-04-2004, 09:04 PM
nina

Default Edible stuff in the front yard

"Ignoramus31046" wrote in message
Being from a country where people considered their land plots as
source of food rather than entertainment, I have hard times
reconciling myself with gardening decorative plants. I personally
plant only what I can eat. Although I would not mind my spouse
devoting herself to planting flowers and whatnot, this is not
something that I see myself doing.

My question, rather, is, what varieties of plants that produce FOOD
can be planted in the FRONT yard.

Some things come to mind.

1. Sunflowers -- beautiful flowers that make nice seeds
2. Corn -- tall grass with some view blocking properties that looks
nice and is also obviously edible. Adds a rustic look to the area
3. Fruit trees -- great flowering in the spring and great looking
crops in the fall.

Peppers
Herbs
Peas

Anything, actually. You can make a vegetable garden that looks attracticve
and is productive.