Old 21-04-2004, 10:09 PM
nambucca

Default How to get rid of rampant mint?

"hkw" wrote in message
s.com...
Hello all,

I'm new here! And a pretty inexperienced gardener, although I'm trying
to learn....

Here's my problem; I have a flowerbed running along one side of my
garden, in which I'm trying to grow roses and some other shrubs.
However, someone who lived here previously has planted MINT at one end
of this flowerbed, and its gets completely out of control and threatens
to take over the whole bed!

I try to pull it up in the winter when it's died down a bit, but the
extensive network of tough roots underground means it springs back
rampant as ever in the summer, and is impossible to pull up. It grows
to about 3 feet high, too, and is really unsightly.

How do I get rid of it for good, without poisoning the soil and
affecting my existing shrubs or future plants?

Thanks....
--
hkw

Well I would love a clump

but best to grow it in a container of some sort ........very large plant pot
/bucket/washing up bowl with drainage holes drilled in bottom