Old 21-04-2004, 10:09 PM
Rhiannon S

Default Rhododendron Question

Ok, I think I've gotten this working. I hate computers!

Right, thanks to everyone for their replies)

I think I can rule out the not enough water, R's garden is quite damp bordering
on the water logged in parts even in summer.

I'm not sure what we can do about the lanarkshire wind, I wont say it's cold,
but their is a thriving welding industry catering to brass monkeys even in
summer [weg]

The ground it was planted in was quite compacted, so I wonder if that might be
it, plus it seems she is on black almost oily clay. I've loosened the ground
with a fork and dumped some proper compost in it too.

The only other thing to note is that the buds have grown and then just sat
there for the last year, no going brown and dropping off, just sitting there
waiting.

Most bizarre.
--
Rhiannon