Old 22-04-2004, 02:03 AM
Garland Grower

Default fried zuccini flowers??

"OperaBufa" wrote in message
I did this one year...you have to pick the flowers early in the morning,

while
they're still open. Shake out them out (to remove any bugs), then dip

them in
a better and pan or deep fry them. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
Delicious!

Karen

I've heard in Italy and other places they take a small slice of Mozzarella
cheese and put inside the flower, before battering and deep frying. I have
to try that this year. I have planted five different kinds of squash.

Does anyone know which flowers are edible or if all are? I have planted
Yellow and Zucchini which I know are edible, but I also have Patty Pan
(Scallop); Acorn and another winter squash called Orange Sunshine or
something like that, it looks like a miniature pumpkin.

--
Rita
Garland, TX