Old 22-04-2004, 11:03 AM
Ray

Default Chemical Proportioner

Nope, haven't tried one yet. This "market survey" is the step before that...

From the literature I got from the manufacturer, it looks like a simple device - poly tank to which
you add fertilizer and water to form your concentrate, screw on the lid, which has an adjustment
dial and the inlet- and outlet hoses which connect to the coupling device on the spigot, and away
you go.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"wendy7" wrote in message news:UGDhc.26266$ab3.4176@fed1read02...
I actually need one Ray put me on the list. My old one has rusted & it
leaks!!!
Oh yes, have you tried one out? Also as long as it is not a mathematical
challenge?
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

Ray wrote:
Question for the gang:

We've often discussed and debated the utility of fertilizer
proportioners ranging from hose-end types to siphons to
Dosatrons/Dose-matics.

I have an opportunity to begin carrying a tank-type device that
connects to your hose bib, and that feeds at a constant rate no
matter what the flow or back pressure. Price is likely to be less
than $100 for a unit capable of feeding at an adjustable 1000:1 to
100:1 and holding several gallons of concentrate.

Do you think there would be a value in them? I feel quite certain
that if they had been available before I bought my dosing pumps, I'd
have gone with these instead - heck, I mix 5 gallons of fertilizer
concentrate for a 100:1 pump now, you think I'd mind doing so 40%
more often to save $300????

Thanks for your input.