Old 22-04-2004, 03:02 PM
theoneflasehaddock

Default Ebay ethics queston (plant related)

Subject: Ebay ethics queston (plant related)
From: Jim Elbrecht
Date: 4/20/2004 4:05 PM Central Daylight Time
Darren Garrison wrote:

Wanting a few opinions on this.

I order some Lilly of the Valley pips (one order of 5 white, one order of 3

pink) from a high-volume
Ebay seller using buy-it-now and immedately paying via Paypal.

-snip-
So (and here's where the question comes in) I've decided that I'm just going

to keep the damned pips
from the re-sent order and not offer to ship them back to him or pay him

($10.00 plus $3.99 shipping
for 3 pips, even though it cost only $1.29 to send them) for the extras, as

in my opinion almost all
of the problem has been caused on his end.

Any opinions of wherether I do that with clean hands?

First off- the shipping-- *actual* shipping may be 1.29-- but he
probably has more than $3.99 invested in shipping and handling.
Packaging and trips to the PO are not free. [Chances are he's paying
someone to do all the work & that's why the long delays.]

You asked about ethics-- You, legally & ethically, owe him for the
plants. If I were you I would offer to pay for them.

You do not owe him for plants you didn't order.

I wish you hadn't supported price gouging on ebay. Remember, it MAY be cheaper
to deal with a plant nursery than ebay, in some cases.

-

theoneflasehaddock