Old 22-04-2004, 03:02 PM
Peter

Default Leaf mulch

some time back around December, a few posters were extolling the virtues of leaf mulch.
One person (paghat, I think it was) mentioned putting the leafs into a chicken wire
enclosure and keeping them wet, claiming that they would break down in a few months
into leaf mulch.

Well, I went into the chicken wire enclosure, and found piles of wet leaves and no
leaf mulch. Doesn't look like anything happened at all over the past few months.
Packed about 40 bags of dead leaves and dropped them off at the landfill.

So, what is the secret??? Obviously getting leaf mulch from leaves seems to be more
of an involved process than just stacking the leaves, keeping them wet and turning
every now and then.

Anyone know???

Thanks !!!

Peter