Old 22-04-2004, 03:02 PM
Rob Halgren

Default Chemical Proportioner

Matthew Donadio wrote:

"Ray" wrote in message

I have an opportunity to begin carrying a tank-type device that connects

to your hose bib, and that

feeds at a constant rate no matter what the flow or back pressure. Price

is likely to be less than

$100 for a unit capable of feeding at an adjustable 1000:1 to 100:1 and

holding several gallons of

concentrate.

If it would work at the end of a 100 ft hose fed from my house, then I would
buy one (not for my orchids, but for outdoor beds). I have tried siphon
feeders, but they don't work when a 100 ft hose is attached since the
pressure drop is too large.

I'm not a fluid dynamicist, nor do I play one on TV, but wouldn't it
work if you hooked up the siphon at the house end of the hose? May be a
bit more difficult to plumb than sticking it on the business end of the
hose, but once the solution is mixed it should stay mixed for the
duration of your 100' run, regardless of pressure drop.

Somebody tell me I'm nuts, and I'll believe you. Seems like a
simple solution though.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit