Old 22-04-2004, 04:03 PM

Default Ebay ethics queston (plant related)

I didnt get the impression the goods werent that great.
when the seller was notified the goods didnt arrive they sent another order. big
whoop there was a mixup, the seller is trying to get it right. and if the person
complained that the order still wasnt right, they would probably send another one
too. that is a great seller.
eBay and shipping isnt like going to your local store. locally you pick out what you
want, plunk down the money and leave. instant gratification.
on eBay there are a lot of factors in between. there are few career professional
sellers on ebay (well increasingly there are) so they dont always have their stock
well organized, etc. everything is shipped. that means stuff goes missing, stuff
gets broken, etc. this is all happening long distance thru computers which break
down, email gets dumped, etc. patience is required. understanding. I am willing to
give em a break when they are trying to get it right cause I can get stuff cheaper
and/or get stuff I never would have been able to get my hands on otherwise. I
absolutely LOVE eBay, and most of my experiences have been good, most sellers are
honest and doing the best they can.
the glass is half full.
Ingrid

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 13:42:51 GMT, wrote:

you dont pay, but you leave a glowing feedback. Ingrid

Forget that I disagree with you on the payment issue. Why leave
'glowing feedback' for someone whose goods are not that great a deal,
communication is poor & apparently can't get an order sent out right?
[first late, then incorrect]

Misery loves company, but on Ebay the tools are there to forewarn
people about less than stellar dealers.

Jim

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/