Old 22-04-2004, 04:04 PM

Default Non chemical warfare on fleas?

yeah. they do live in carpets, also in the cracks. it is good to put a few moth
balls in the vacuum cleaners to kill the fleas that are sucked up. otherwise they
will crawl back out of the vacuum. but getting them all will take time, and those
fleas are getting hungrier and hungrier and will bite more.
in the olden days when people moved back and forth from their city to their summer
homes they would send a dog thru the house and the fleas would eagerly jump onto the
moving animal.
BTW, dog fleas can only reproduce on dogs. cat fleas on cats, etc.
Ingrid

"Laura B." wrote:

Perry Templeton wrote:
I have an employee that is anti chemicals. He has an infestation of fleas
in his house. We are in South Louisiana, way south. Below New Orleans.
Sultry and hot. He had a cat. Said cat has expired. Fleas now are feeding
on humans, etc. My guy doesn't want to do anything chemical to get rid of
the fleas. What solutions? Besides moving? The house is up off the
ground, built on pillars.
Perry
I will post this in several different forums so I apologize in advance for
any redundance.

I read someplace that flees generally live in the carpet of houses.
Tell your friend to vacuum his floors, furniture, and wash his bedding
on a regular basis. He'll eventually get the upper hand.

Laura B.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com