Old 22-04-2004, 04:09 PM
MOM PEAGRAM

Default Bay Laurel

Basically, that's what I did with the ones in a starter medium. I'll put a
bag over it now.

Thanks
"Loki" wrote in message
il Wed, 21 Apr 2004 22:55:09 -0400, "MOM PEAGRAM" ha scritto:

I've just pruned my Bay Laurel cause I want it to bush out a little.

This
is an indoor plant and is putting out shoots. For the moment I have cut

all
the small branches, trimmed the leaves, dipped the stem in rooting

hormone
and have half in a good starter soil and half in water.

Anyone have the correct way to propagate Bay?

Ahh, the best way is to keep those prunings. is it too late? Just
turn them into little sticks with a few leaves and put into cutting
mix with a humid environment. I don't think the soil is meant to be
wet like that, just damp. it's the air that's meant to be moist.
They'll rot if too wet. Mine are in a glass of water waiting for me
to get round to it.... I'll look up my propagating notes later.
--
Cheers,