Old 05-02-2003, 06:18 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Pomegranate

As a birthday gift my wife bought me a pomegranate
from New England Bonsai. The tree is about 10 years
old and looks to have had some minimal styling done.
It has above ground roots and decent branch structure
plus the usual rough spots for a young tree.

I am not too familiar with this species so I am
looking for information on the care of pomegranates.
If anyone could please point me in the right direction
to books, websites, etc with information on
pomegranates I would be most grateful. Also if anyone
has links to pictures of some more mature specimens I
would like to see what potential these trees have.

Thank you,

Louis Brooks
Tallahassee, Florida

Colin Lewis' "Bonsai Survival Manual", Harry Tomlinson's
"Complete Book of Bonsai (also sold under: R&D Home Handbooks,
"Bonsai"), Simon and Schuster's "Bonsai", and Adams' "The Art of
Flowering Bonsai" all have quite a bit about them. Several
Bonsai Today also have articles on Pomegranate.

You need to join us Sunday at the Tallahassee Bonsai Society
meeting.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --