Old 22-04-2004, 05:03 PM
K Barrett

Default Chemical Proportioner

I'd be interested.

"Ray" wrote in message
There is apparently an adapter just for that purpose...for an additional

$10-$12, of course.

The literature says that the thing isn't supposed to stay under constant

pressure. The make bigger,
more expensive units for those installations.

. . . . . . . . . . .
"K Barrett" wrote in message

Can to be rigged for a more or less permanent install to PVC?

K Barrett

"Ray" wrote in message
Question for the gang:

We've often discussed and debated the utility of fertilizer

proportioners
ranging from hose-end
types to siphons to Dosatrons/Dose-matics.

I have an opportunity to begin carrying a tank-type device that

connects
to your hose bib, and that
feeds at a constant rate no matter what the flow or back pressure.

Price
is likely to be less than
$100 for a unit capable of feeding at an adjustable 1000:1 to 100:1

and
holding several gallons of
concentrate.

Do you think there would be a value in them? I feel quite certain

that if
they had been available
before I bought my dosing pumps, I'd have gone with these instead -

heck,
I mix 5 gallons of
fertilizer concentrate for a 100:1 pump now, you think I'd mind doing

so
40% more often to save
$300????

Thanks for your input.