Old 22-04-2004, 06:05 PM
Dewitt

Default Chemical Proportioner

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 18:29:12 -0400, "Ray"
wrote:

Question for the gang:

We've often discussed and debated the utility of fertilizer proportioners ranging from hose-end
types to siphons to Dosatrons/Dose-matics.

I have an opportunity to begin carrying a tank-type device that connects to your hose bib, and that
feeds at a constant rate no matter what the flow or back pressure. Price is likely to be less than
$100 for a unit capable of feeding at an adjustable 1000:1 to 100:1 and holding several gallons of
concentrate.

Do you think there would be a value in them? I feel quite certain that if they had been available
before I bought my dosing pumps, I'd have gone with these instead - heck, I mix 5 gallons of
fertilizer concentrate for a 100:1 pump now, you think I'd mind doing so 40% more often to save
$300????

Thanks for your input.

Ray, is this system similar to the EZ-Gro (aka EZ-Flo) fertilizer
system found on http://www.mrdrip.com/ezflofert.htm ? I didn't find
the EZ-Gro unit I bought worthwhile. Water is continously added to
the tank as the fertilizer solution is drawn out. The manufacturer
claims that the added water floats on top the heavier fertilizer
solution, but that is clearly only a short term effect so the
fertilizer solution is diluted over time. Also, I found that the
output concentration (measured by a TDS meter) spiked upwards 3-4x
when the flow was stopped / started.

deg