Old 22-04-2004, 06:06 PM

Default sick koi

how much salt do you have in the pond????
what are your water quality parameters, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates and pH?
how much aeration do you have in there?
what is the water temp? how big is the pond, how many fish what kinds.
have you been feeding them

(Joy) wrote:

Help! I have a big bueatiful koi who is acting very sick! I've never
had a large koi to die and I don't know how to diagnose the problem.
She is sitting on the bottom of the pond and it looks like she is
gasping for air? I had 2 small koi die in the last two weeks, they
were in the skimmer and I thought they just got caught in there.
There is no other sickness I can see. I've been checking the salt
every week and adding when needed I thought that would keep them
healthy. If anyone has heplful info I would be grateful!
Joy

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com