Old 22-04-2004, 06:07 PM
Mike Lyle

Default Sudden oak death

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message ...
"Rod" wrote in message ...
Charlie Pridham"

wrote:

Don't panic! it seems well established now in Cornwall and is effecting

the
evergreen oaks but not the English variety, its the Viburnums and Rhodos
that are being killed [...]

From what I've read it seems that it is mainly affecting evergreen species
or am I wrong?
Our trees are all UK natives at the moment and the only evergreens are some
pines as we want it to be a wildlife friendly place as apposed to the other
smaller open spaces/parks around here where the multi-courts, skateboard
parks, BMX tracks etc. will be placed.

Interesting that this may be the unlooked-for solution to the
Snowdonia rhodo problem. Not at all sure it's a price worth paying,
though.

Mike.