Old 22-04-2004, 07:11 PM
Heather

Default FINALLY... doh!

A little trick told to me by someone who installed ponds as a business was
to have some pea gravel handy when using "Great Stuff" and cover it with the
pea gravel where it shows. Worth a try.

Heather

"Pond Newbie" wrote in message
It took me three tries... each time I tried sealing the waterfall... an

hour after turning
it on, the pond was down by an inch. Grrrr.....

Finally, the third time, flat on my belly across the herb garden (which

housed a nest of
fire ants that I had not noticed previously.........) I got enough "Great

Stuff" under the
bottom rocks, and no more leaks!

Now to let it cure and age and turn a little more brown before I do some

trimming.

I have already let the hubby know I want a pond liner (EPDM) for my

birthday (September)
and plan to start digging a bigger hole. I am going to seal the old

pre-form and use it as
temporary quarters while I pull the new pre-form out and build shelves and

ledges. I have
a lot of websites to peruse, and lots of advice is needed, so feel free to

pass along any
tips or tricks to make this easier. I am planning on using the existing

hole, plus
extending it at least six more feet with a deeper section, and a

'stairstep of ledges' for
different heights of plants. The existing falls and the spillway in the

rock garden will
stay, due to all the plants.

I eventually want a small run coming down the hill, like a small creek,

bedded with small
stone. But that will have to be way in the future...

DeAnna