Old 22-04-2004, 08:04 PM
Suja

Default Leaf mulch

Peter wrote:
So, what is the secret??? Obviously getting leaf mulch from leaves seems to be more
of an involved process than just stacking the leaves, keeping them wet and turning
every now and then.

It would help to chop up the leaves. Pile up the leaves, run the mower
over it and then use it in your pile. Breaks down *much* quicker. If
you are looking to get it done quickly, you would need to balance the
browns with some greens - used coffee grounds from Starbucks (they have
a 'Grounds for the Garden' program) works great. Me, I get the chopped
up leaves from the county leaf mulch pile, pile it on my flower beds,
and over time, it all breaks down into yummy stuff. The plants love it.

Suja