Old 22-04-2004, 08:08 PM
Ron Wood

Default New black currant plants wilting

I got good looking black and red currant cuttings last summer and kept
them in the pots till about a month ago. I planted them in fresh
topsoil mix in my front yard and mulched the area well. The leaves on
the red currant plants are comming out OK but the black currant leaves
come out about 1/2 inch and start wilting away. Is there any way I can
save these plants from immediate death? I'm from Latvia (now living in
Northern NJ) and miss the black currants a lot.

Thanks
Ron