Old 22-04-2004, 08:08 PM
NetComm888

Default wkend project, welcome advice

Here is my wkend project. I'm gonna work on the flower bed around the
utility boxes on my front yard. Currently, that bed is totally lack of
care from the previous owner. It has weeds, some dead short plants,
and some wild flowers which I have no clue at all.
Anyway, here is what I'm planning.
1. Today, I'm gonna apply Weeds-Be-Gone to kill the weeds
2. Then weekend, remove those dead plants.
3. Put down some rich soil to give extra nutrition to the new plants.
4. After I put down the new plants, then I'm gonna do mulching
Any advice is appreciated.

For the new plants, I don't have much idea what to do. I'm in zone 6
and that flower bed has full exposure to sunshine in the morning. But
in the afternoon, the house blocks the sun, since the house is
east-west direction. I really like some easy-to-take-care-of
perennials. I think lily is a good choice, right? Anything else?
Thanks