Old 22-04-2004, 09:07 PM
tuin man

Default Life after death?

"john west++++" wrote in message
news:1BChc.154$B21.15@newsfe1-win...

"David Hill" wrote in message
I was in Tesco yesterday and was looking at Nippon ant killer when I

spotted
"Ant traps" which said they would kill ants for 3 months.
My question is do they come back to life after this time?

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

because ants have a shorter life span the reincarnation period is much
shorter. however they may not come back as ants. if they have been

unselfish
they may come back as a gazelle or similar, if selfish they come back as
homosapien politician.

Hmm?

Might not the path to reincarnation be more aligned with the conduct and
motives of the grim reaper who has laid it out, rather than duh life of the
ants?

So... if... as David's question suggests, there is a kernel of mystery
involved, then might the ants not come back as squirrels? Especially those
that provide much-unscheduled pruning of tulips because they think it's
funny or something.

Alternatively, if the puzzle has indeed out-foxed him, might the nature's
quirky sense of humour send him back a multitude of incontinent cats?

However, on account of the way many of the responses to his question could
be likened to a touch of inebriated merriment I suspect his aim all along
was to lure a few passing slugs. Clearly these have slithered into his beer
garden, whilst merrily gliding on the false sense of security created by the
sign he has placed over their path, offering no obstruction to them other
than the occasional weapon of ant destruction.

Clearly there are no "ant traps" involved and never have being even though
his own nursery might have provided a few in times past and besides, just
like slugs, ants can also read, so it they would never have had any kind of
effect, other than that which the ants might chose to cleverly craft.
Indeed, they probably plainly have, at the end of the day like, you know,
like, a degree, innit, in know what I mean like, plain English, but like not
too plain off-course, cuz that would never do, like. Right?

Which brings me to Inge Jones' rather green duh. Is it not surely an obvious
attempt to convert David's snare into a lure to attract unsuspecting aphids?

patrick