Old 23-04-2004, 08:02 AM
The Watcher

Default Bay Laurel

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 22:55:09 -0400, "MOM PEAGRAM"
wrote:

I've just pruned my Bay Laurel cause I want it to bush out a little. This
is an indoor plant and is putting out shoots. For the moment I have cut all
the small branches, trimmed the leaves, dipped the stem in rooting hormone
and have half in a good starter soil and half in water.

Anyone have the correct way to propagate Bay?

I've discovered(by accident) that the best place to propagate softwood cuttings
over the winter is on the north side of my house(in the shade of the house). I
put the cuttings(dipped in water, then rooting hormone) in potting soil in the
shade on the north side of my house and they root well there. This year I
started 23 peach cuttings. 22 of them took root.