Old 23-04-2004, 11:04 AM
Sacha

Default Rabbit Control

jane23/4/04 9:28

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 23:31:29 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

snip

~IOW, only 'H' has a spelling, the others do not appear under a different
~initial letter. H does not appear as Haitch - in my Collins the entries
~under 'h' jump from 'hairst' to 'haith' to 'haji'. Sorry - but H is the
~only letter with its own spelling rather than pronunciation aid.
~Has it stopped raining yet? ;-)

Sacha, my Dad would hug you. He has gone on about precisely this with
exactly that reasoning for as long as I can remember - I think if I'd
have said haitch at any point in my formative years I'd have been
shot.

:-)

NOW I feel old! ;-))
--