Old 23-04-2004, 11:05 AM
martin

Default Rabbit Control

On 23 Apr 2004 02:14:58 -0700, (Mike Lyle)
wrote:

Nonetheless, the rules of lexicography are clear: the Oxford English
Dictionary almost certainly now includes "haitch", though perhaps with
a warning that it's non-standard. I can't check, as it's only
available on line at a price I can't afford. (Interestingly, the first
edition uses the spelling "aitch" in explanation, but hadn't found an
example of it, so the only full entry is for the spelling "ache".)

Luckily Franz has my copy of OED on a CD, that would no longer run on
my PC when I upgraded to WinXP.

Franz?