Old 23-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Ann

Default Edible stuff in the front yard

dps expounded:

Assuming you're in a part of the country that experiences winter, I
would recommend against annual crops in the front yard. Your front yard
will look like bare soil (or weeds) for more than half the year and your
neighbors may be upset (depending on your neighbors).

Huh? My gardens are bare during the winter, makes it easier to clear
out the leaves, etc. And my yard is one of the best looking yard in
the neighborhood, everyone comments on it. I have raised veggie beds
and perennial borders.....looks just fine.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA