Old 23-04-2004, 02:05 PM
John Burton

Default Foam in my filter

Well here it is spring again, and the pond seems to have made it thru the
winter fairly well!.

Looks like I lost 1 Koi and 3 Comets over the winter (I suspect some racoon
had a good lunch or two, I never found the carcases, so....)

The water is clear, tho I have a bit of algea still growing on the bottom
where I had some plants growing last summer. The lilys are coming back, two
fronds on each, and I have some new lilys starting off on the edge, along
with some other flowers. Gonna be PRETTY!

However, I have found foam in the skimmer the last couple of days. I don't
know if this is somehting to worry about or not. I haven't had an
opportunity to tote a mayonase jar full of pond water down to my local pond
guy, but thought I'd get good pointers from all the 'netters here in
rec.ponds.

Ideas?

Thanks!

--

john burton
Bach 50B3
Bass Trombone, Charleston NeoPhonic Orchestra
South Charleston, West Virginia