Old 23-04-2004, 04:09 PM
Sacha

Default Child friendly garden

Saffy23/4/04 3:35

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in message
In message , Mookamoo
writes
Any suggestions on doing a child friendly garden. I want ti do
something a bit more imaginative than paving slabs, but still have a
tight budget.

Definitely leave some paving slabs or hard surfacing for them to use their
ride-ons. Young kids get very frustrated trying to pedal on a lawn. We
used bark under the swings and things but it does tend to get dug up and
spread everywhere it shouldn't. Its also very messy when it gets wet.

All this makes me think of a little story I read about someone looking at
their lawn and wishing back the days when there were still scuffed patches
underneath the swing.........made me quite sentimental!

--

Sacha
(remove the weeds to email me)