Old 23-04-2004, 06:02 PM
theoneflasehaddock

Default buy snake plant, get free frog?

Subject: buy snake plant, get free frog?
From: Janice
Date: 4/22/2004 10:42 PM Central Daylight Time
On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:44:40 GMT, Salty Thumb
wrote:

"Cereus-validus" wrote in
:

Your frog story sure was riveting!
Did you kiss him to see if he was actually a prince?

BTW, its Sansevieria trifasciata 'Laurentii'

They really must be extra special at your local Home Depot if they
have mastered a way to kill snake plants!!!

ha, very funny. are you sure my story was riveting and not ribbiting?

by scraggly looking I meant having damaged or broken leaves, not knock,
knock, knocking on death's door.

I just went with what was on the upc label, which was Sansevieria
Laurentii. It looks like this:

http://www.desert-
tropicals.com/Plants/Agavaceae/Sansevieria_trifasciata.html

I don't usually play for that team, but for a kingdom, why not? So I ran
inside to get a breath mint, but sadly the frog had disappeared again.
:-(

Tree frog might be from the area where the plant was grown/shipped
from, or it could be from the area local to the store where the plant
was bought.. if it had been outside there, or was outside. I've seen
another frog pic posted in one of the garden groups recently similar
looking frog.

I've seen frogs that green here, but smaller and with Dark stripes
rather than light. We have a brown version and a green version of the
same tree frog.

No, actually the frog turns color, either green or brown. The stripe doesn't
change.

-

theoneflasehaddock