Old 23-04-2004, 06:03 PM
Archimedes Plutonium

Default finest way to grow organic asparagus via concrete block method

I believe this is the finest way to grow asparagus. I have 2 years
experience with this concrete block method especially with asparagus.
This year I am experimenting with strawberries via the concrete block
method. But with asparagus I have ample experience. I started using
concrete block on asparagus to locate them where I had planted them and
so I put a 16"x8"x8" block with one hole over the asparagus so I would
not mow it while mowing. But now I have those asparagus of 2 to 3 years
old and I just keep the block there because when I weed I just lift the
block and weed out the grasses. And during the summer months when the
asparagus is tall and bush like I put a wire tomato cage around the
asparagus using the block as a additional support so the asparagus bush
is not blown down in a wind storm.

So I believe the concrete block method is the finest and world's best
means of growing asparagus.

The only trouble I have with the block is that ants like to use them
also so I use the thinnest edge to set on the ground. And I am vigilant
for any ants that want to colonize any block.

If I had not used block for the past 3 years for my asparagus, they
would have all be lost to the brome and quackgrasses for they are in a
ditch that is infested with brome and quack grasses but those asparagus
are now beginning to take over from the grasses all thanks due to the
concrete block.

Archimedes Plutonium
of the electron-dot-cloud are galaxies
www.archimedesplutonium.com