Old 23-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Child friendly garden

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in
:

Something I always fancied as a kid: a den right inside a big
blackberry bush.

No-one knows you're in there, if they do they can't get you out
without getting seriously scratched, and you can eat it. What more
could one ask!

I grew something similar with runner beans - will grow within a year
and be edible too (and no prickles).

I guess, but it would only be really properly covered for a few months,
then you have to start again.

I feel a den should be usable in the Easter holidays, and should become a
sort of igloo if it snows sufficiently.

OK, it's not 'safe', it's not sensible, it's not clean or neat. But
it WOULD be cool...

second childhood beckons Victoria

It's now occurred to me that I now have a pergola with beans at one end and
am planting fruit trees from the other, and I just planted a grapevine to
grow over an arch with a seat underneath...

Victoria