Old 23-04-2004, 07:08 PM
tmtresh

Default Idaho Gardening

"Janice" wrote in message
news
On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 07:48:30 -0600, "Jackee" not available wrote:

when we go over to Edwards, I will know what I'm there to get

I didn't know about Edwards until last year, when I was able to join in on a
tour of the place. I was impressed, if I ever need to get a job again,
that's what I'd love to do. (As it is, my husband has a good job, and I'm
able to be home with the children) So, I took a trip to Edward's with the
kids a couple weeks ago, the baby in a stroller, and my 3 year old
alongside. We had so much fun. After walking through a few greenhouses, and
dreaming (the tomatoes only barely getting their true leaves), I picked out
a couple carnations, and let my daughter choose several colors of pansies.
We planted them in large pots on the patio. She was so excited, when her dad
came home from work, she had to show him her 'favorite'.

Early spring, I planted 3 roses (the bare-root kind from home depot's grand
opening for $2 each), only one lived. Come to think of it, I was lucky it
was the one in the middle. I pulled the others out, and planted strawberries
around the remaining one, to replace the ones that got cooked in the sun
last year. I'm going to try to be more vigilant at watering this time.

You're lucky to have a good friend to help you out in your yard. Good luck!