Old 23-04-2004, 08:04 PM
Rod

Default Digging out a quince

On 23 Apr 2004 07:25:42 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:

Hard work with a spade and grub-axe, is the only solution. But I
strongly recommend getting one of the latter, as it will make the
work MUCH easier. Those devices are also known as pick-mattocks,
and consist of a pick one side and a 4" wide blade at right angles
to the handle the other. When you lift one, it seems like a tool
for a hairy-armed navvy, but they are remarkably easy to use.

Somebody out there *knows* I've forgotten who borrowed my mattock.
I'll be round to collect it if I ever remember who it was :~[

Rod

Weed my email address to reply