Old 24-04-2004, 12:38 AM
agnatha3141 agnatha3141 is offline
Registered User

Location: florida, usa
Default papaver

my name is pam too. just felt like saying that.
about half of the ones i am growing are the illegal kind. i just found out. p. somniferum. v. persian white. i am soon going to move to another houselhold and planted a full garden, of which most of the stuff is blooming already or about to. the poppies however are not, and now that i know that they are illegal, i am wondering if i will get to see them bloom before i move in september, and have to rip them out so that the next tenants dont get in a heap of trouble. they are currently about six inches tall with about twenty leaves or so each. i planted them in febuary. i live in florida, and they get a lot of sun. does anyone have any experience with these, and might be able to tell me how long it takes for them to bloom? i know that the other poppies i planted, the california one, will take a full year, meaning that i will not see them bloom.