Old 24-04-2004, 02:03 AM
Ray

Default Orlando Area Orchid Growers

Maybe it has improved.

It certainly had lots of room for improvement, and needed it badly!

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"GrlIntrpted" wrote in message
I'm surprised to be quite frank. In fact, I posted photos from our last
trip to Orlando of the World of Orchids on abpo. It had a very good amount
of orchid books. Two mature bulbo phalaenopsis for sale (both in large
baskets). A very nice assortment of the novelty phals (and very decently
priced). I got to see their flask room while people were working inside it.
They had a small assortment of Paph hybrids, and a very good amount of the
Laelia Cattleya hybrids. Terrific price on wooden baskets (literally
pennies), and other necessary orchid supplies.

The "nature" area in the back had an enormous amount of phals mounted on
trees and in full bloom. A smaller amount of dendrobs also mounted on trees,
Epidendrums high up in the trees, jewel orchids, and other orchids like
Phaius, and bulbos all over that area. I purchased a Phal Be Tris in full
bloom for $6.00 from them. Not the most amazing or fascintating place that
I've ever seen, and I certainly visited many others to which World of
Orchids can not compare, but overall I couldn't call it a waste of time.

Mariana

"Reka" wrote in message
For example from the Google archive of rgo:
http://tinyurl.com/385w9
--
Reka

http://www.rolbox.it/hukari/index.html

"GrlIntrpted" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
. net...

"Ray" wrote in message

One place to avoid is A World of Orchids

May I ask why?

-M

---