Old 24-04-2004, 03:03 AM
Peter H

Default Ants in the Lawn

"Doug G" wrote in message
Joe wrote:

I live in northern Illinois and have an ant problem in my yard.

In the past, I've had one ant colony (city, urban area?) that covers
an area of about 2-3 square feet with dozens of individual holes.

I have pretty much ignored this. But this year, I have two other large
areas of Ant mounds.

I use ant traps when I run across them in the house. I have excellent
results with this.

But, what can I use outside????

I suspect the ant traps would just wash away with the spring rains.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Joe

Diazinon granules sprinkled around the mound.

Be sure to water them in and look out for birds coming to feed. The diazinon
will kill them.

Peter H