Old 06-02-2003, 02:14 PM
wsallen

Default [IBC] Pomegranate

Virtually indestructable in my experience, in Western Australia. I have a
minature pomegranate, which has coped with everything from +40degC to the
occasional 0-3degC. I have seen full pomegranates fruiting (regularly and
well) in the north of WA in a mining town (ie. no care apart from sprinkler
for water) at temps that are above 30degC during all of summer and more
regularly above 42-44degC. This environment had a lot of salt as well.
You also do not have one tree, you have as many as you can cut off the tree
and put into the ground. :+)
Prone to 'twigginess' and if you want fruit fertilising is a must.

Cheers,
Heidi Aussie

Louis Brooks wrote in message
As a birthday gift my wife bought me a pomegranate
from New England Bonsai. The tree is about 10 years