Old 24-04-2004, 07:05 PM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

Default Best websites to help plan a water garden?

MItch,

You will certainly get a professional opinion from a professional. If you
like his work, that is good!

May I suggest that you run his ideas by the folk in this ng? You would
educate us and might get some practical insights from people who have
spent a while figuring out how to do it or how to fix it or how not to do it
next time.

When we see TV stuff from designers, many of us choke on the impracticality
of their designs.

Proverbs says the king wins battles by having many wise counselors. While
not in the king and wise categories, we might apply by 'Ponders get nice
pools by consulting others.' When we built our pond, I did not know about
the ng. Some things would have been easier if I had checked here. My
filter system benefitted from being installed a couple of years after the
rest...I knew a lot more, learned from experience and from other ponders.

Other ponders, thanks!

Go for it!

Jim

wrote in message
Thanks for all the links.

A guy who goes to my church is a landscape designer, and he does lots
of water features for the wealthy. I'm friendly with him, so I called
him today and asked how much it would cost for his design expertise
only, if I do all the work.

He said he would charge me $25/hr, and that he estimates a total of 10
hours, but that includes all the design, delivering the rocks and
boulders, and checking up on me while I'm building it to make
corrections.

Sound pretty good?

I've seen his work...he does beautiful stuff.
I told him the space I have to work with, and he thinks a waterfall,
short stream, and pond with fish will cost me about $2500.