Old 24-04-2004, 08:02 PM
jammer

Default Toads

Hi John,

I am a second year ponder. Last year when i saw a million tadpoles, i
thought there would be toads everywhere. Well, there isn't. Apparently
the birds get their share of babies. I wouldn't worry about it.

OR, you could take some of the unwanted bullfrogs in this group.

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 17:14:55 GMT, "John A. Kostelac"
wrote:

The last few nights have seen an increase in vocal activity around

our pond.
Last night, it started to lose its beauty about 3 AM. I went out and

in a
matter of 2 minutes counted a dozen and a half gulf coast toads

(Houston,
TX). This morning the hornwort is covered with strings of eggs. On

the one
hand this would indicate a healthy environment. On the other it

likely
indicates that we will be inundated with toads. Any natural

suggestions for
toad and tadpole control?

Thanks, John