Old 24-04-2004, 09:03 PM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

Default Toads - check ph

John,

I don't know how big your pond is. You might monitor the Ph as the egg
season moves on. It can spike from the eggs and tadpoles, if the pond is
small.

Our toads have also begun to sing...crickets on speed. It goes on for a
long time. We too sometimes think the serenade could be worth bypassing at
bedtime. haven't figured out how to do it.

Jim

"John A. Kostelac" wrote in message
The last few nights have seen an increase in vocal activity around our

pond.
Last night, it started to lose its beauty about 3 AM. I went out and in a
matter of 2 minutes counted a dozen and a half gulf coast toads (Houston,
TX). This morning the hornwort is covered with strings of eggs. On the one
hand this would indicate a healthy environment. On the other it likely
indicates that we will be inundated with toads. Any natural suggestions

for
toad and tadpole control?

Thanks, John