Old 25-04-2004, 12:03 AM
Ka30P

Default Toads

John wrote
What's the deal with bull frogs?

After tearing myself away from the description of your pond... wow!
Anyway.
Bullfrogs can wreck havoc in a small pond or in a pond where all the fish are
pets as they will eat fish and other frogs. And snakes and mice and small
children if they could.

They can be very helpful for population control in larger ponds where the fish
are overpopulating the pond.

I am trying to raise local pacific treefrogs in my fishless bog and the lady
bullfrog I'm sure ate all of last year's hatch or ate any returning treefrogs
this spring. I'm trying to catch her and move her.

West of the Rockies bullfrogs are not native and wildlife biologist are blaming
them for the reduction in native frog species out here.
They were imported out west to become frog leg dinners and escaped.

kathy :-)